Spanish Public Library – Information
The Spanish Public Library is located at 8 Trunk Road. In addition to the traditional book and video collection, the library offers copying, faxing, internet, scanning and printing services. There are five computers all with internet access, and a television.
Our catalogue can be viewed at https://olsn.ent.sirsidynix.net/client/en_US/spanish/
There is an ongoing collection of history about the Town, if you are looking for any historical information this a great place to start.
Spanish Public Library News
Watch here, on our Facebook page and our Instagram (@spanishpubliclibrary) feed for some exciting new programs we have planned in 2021.
New Service to the Library
Reading of “The Boy Who Walked Backwards”
Curbside Pickup at Spanish Public Library Resumes
Effective April 20, 2021
The Spanish Public Library has returned to contact-less curbside pickup. Please see below for details of how this procedure will work. Please contact the library prior to arriving in order that we are prepared for your visit and if possible have your items ready to be picked up at the rear of the library.
Ordering of Materials
- Holds can be placed on materials by using the online library catalogue at https://olsn.ent.sirsidynix.net/client/en_US/spanish/. You will need your library card number and a password to do this. Interlibrary Loans are currently not available. If you are not able to use the online catalogue, please call us at 705-844-2555 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request items. You will be called when your items are ready & a time will be arranged for pick up.
- For faxing & copying, please call prior to coming to the library. Place in envelope or package indicating for the library and include full instructions as to what needs to be done with your contact information and put in drop box. Full name and fax number must be included. When your documents are ready you will receive a call to pick up.
- For printing please email email@example.com the file(s) you need printed. We will call you when ready.
Pick-up of Materials
- Pick-up times will be Tuesday-Thursday: 10:00 am-5:00 pm and Friday: 10:00 am-2:00 pm
- Items will be packed in a bag with name on it and placed outside back door on the table for contactless pick-up. Receipts with envelope will be included in bag if there are any fees. Please place money in envelope with one copy of receipt in library drop box.
Return of Materials
- All library materials must be returned in the Book Return.
- All returned library materials will be quarantined for 72 hours.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us during the operating hours outlined above.
Thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times.
Staff, Spanish Public Library
Ancestry Library Edition Remote Access
Ancestry Library remote access now available until June 30, 2021. To access please log in on the library catalogue: https://olsn.ent.sirsidynix.net/client/en_US/spanish/)
Thank you to everyone who came by to pick up their treat bags and find the eggs. As well, thank you to all of the residents of Spanish who participated in the hunt. The children really enjoyed searching for the eggs.
We would also like to thank the following for their support and contributions toward the preparation of the treat bags:
Spanish Recreation Committee
K. Von Pickartz
The staff of the Spanish Public Library is grateful the for support of all.
Available for both use at the library and at home include the following (click on links to access):
- Overdrive eBooks & Audiobooks
- Ebscohost databases, including Canadian Reference Centre, MasterFILE Premier, Novelist Plus & Novelist K-8 Plus, Primary Search, Canadian Points of View, Consumer Health Complete, Newspaper Source Plus and Hobbies & Crafts Reference Centre
- Ancestry Library remote access now available until September 30, 2021. To access please log in on the library catalogue: https://olsn.ent.sirsidynix.net/client/en_US/spanish/)
- ProQuest Ebook Central
- Gale Databases, including Chilton Auto Repair, Canadian Periodical Index, General OneFile/OneFile Collections, Gale eBooks , Gale in Context: Elementary and Literature Resource Centre
- AtoZ Maps Online
- AtoZ World Travel
- Global Road Warrior
- Mango Languages (language learning)
Nintendo Switch Game System
The library has a Nintendo Switch Game System which can be used in the library as well as borrowed for 7 days at a time. Requirements as follows:
- $20.00 Refundable deposit
- Must be 18 years old to borrow. (Parental supervision required when used by anyone under 18)
- Library membership must be in good standing
- User responsible to return all equipment in same condition as borrowed.
- 7 day loan
- Overdue fines are $5.00 per day
- Borrowers agreement must be read and signed prior to borrowing
- Charges will be assessed for any equipment/pieces not with system upon return
Library Hours of Operation:
Temporarily: (during Covid-19)
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
To Access The Library’s Holdings Please Click the Link Below:
1st page: $2.00
Each additional page: $1.00
Letter (B&W): $0.25
Letter (Colour): $1.00
Legal and 11×17 (B&W): $0.50
Legal (Colour): $2.00
11×17 (Colour): $3.00
Full size (letter): $2.00
Scanning (by staff)
Photos: Per item scanned $0.25/Per Sheet $2.00
Scan to Email (PDF): $0.25
6 Month: $7.50
1 Year: $15.00
For more information call the library at (705) 844-2555
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org